- White construction paper
- Basket type coffee filter
- 1 wooden clothespin (or coloured plastic clothespin)
- Purple and black paint
- Paint brush
- 2 goggly eyes
- Paint the wooden clothespin black and set aside to dry.
- Cut the coffee filter in half (fold it in half first, then cut on the fold).
- Paint the right half of the filter with black paint, and then the left half with the purple paint, and set them aside to dry.
- After the filters are dry, place the purple half on top of the black half with painted sides facing up, so they are lined up.
- Pinch the filter with your fingers to gather in the center of the straight edge.
- Open the clothespin, add a dab of glue on the clamp and then place the gathered end of the filter on top of the clamp and close the clothespin.
- Cut jagged edges along the circular side of the half circle to further show the shape of the bat wings.
- Glue two googly eyes on the front of the clothespin.
Find this craft and over 20 other easy animal crafts in Super Simple Animal Crafts
This craft book is a supplement to Adam’s Animals – Fun Facts about God’s Creations